The Information Technology Division (ITD) executes IT strategies for multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety by establishing a clear understanding of what they need and why they need it before the technology is implemented through industry best practices. This is part of the Division's mission and sets the stage for the services it provides.
The Department is comprised of four lines of business:
The purpose of the Application Support line of business is to provide application life cycle management services to the multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety so they have continuous access to up-to-date applications which help them achieve strategic results.
- Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS)
- New Mexico Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NMLETS)
- Traffic and Criminal Software (TraCS)
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) Application
- In House Developed Applications (CJIS, Hazmat, Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW), New Mexico Incident Based Reporting System (NMIBRS), Missing Persons, Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR))
- Application System Reports and Analytics
- Application changes completed
- Total hours spent by all resources working on application projects
- Total number of Law Enforcement Agencies utilizing TraCS.
- Total number of Traffic and Criminal citations.
- Total number of Calls from CAD application.
End User Support
The purpose of the End User Support line of business is to provide tier I and II IT technical response services to the multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety so they can experience timely responses to their technology issue or request and resume conducting business with minimal delays.
- IT Service Desk Support
- Mobile/Desktop Support
- IT Computing Deployments
- Weekly Incident Response Reporting
- Average Open/Close Duration of Incidents
The purpose of the Network/Server Support line of business is to provide secure network, data communications, and server, storage, database and technology device services to the multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety so they can provide services through a secure environment with minimal interruptions to achieve their strategic results.
- Data Storage
- Network Administration
- Server Administration
- Network Uptime
- On-Call Incident Response Reporting
- Threat Management Reporting
Project Management Support
The purpose of the Project Management Support line of business is to provide project lifecycle and portfolio management services to the multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety so they can achieve their strategic results as defined in their project charters.
- Business Process Development
- Project Governance
- Communication Planning
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Percentage of technology projects will involve ITD Project Management Support at inception and throughout project lifecycle to ensure consistency and compatibility of systems.
- Number of technology projects completed
- Total hours spent by all resources working on managed projects
Our approach aligns with the State’s initiative of providing accurate, critical, real-time information in support of agencies that protect the people of New Mexico.
What Does the Information Technology Division Do?
The Information Technology (IT) Division provides direct technology support and project collaboration to multiple divisions within the Department of Public Safety by providing the following services:
- Application development and maintenance
- Technology device system service and life-cycle management
- Secure network, server, and database and technology device service
- IT Project life cycle and portfolio management
- Technology incident resolution
Main Telephone Number:
4491 Cerrillos Road.
P.O. Box 1628
Santa Fe, NM 87507-1628